Studio Policies & Guidelines
Refund & Credit Policies
Boutique Policy No Studio Refunds are given on any purchases
- Studio Credit will be given for items only returned within 10 days with receipt
- Studio Credit must be used within 60 days of returning the items
- All sale items are FINAL.
- Gift Certificates can ONLY be used towards boutique purchases, yoga packages, memberships or workshops
- Gift certificates can be purchased for specific packages or a specific dollar amount
Membership & Class Packages
- All memberships and class packages have an expiration date and are non-refundable, extendable or transferable from one student to another
- Memberships and class packages can only be used for regular scheduled yoga classes excluding special workshops and series
Workshop & Series Policy
- Pre-payment is required in full at the time of registration in order to reserve your space
- Registration can be completed over the phone or on-line, only if payment is made with a credit card
- 7 or more days prior to workshop or 1st day of series = Full Refund (minus $5 fee if paid with credit card)
- 3 to 6 days prior to workshop of 1st day of series = Studio Credit
- Within 2 days (48 hours) prior to workshop or 1st day of series = No refunds or Studio credit
- If Devotion Yoga cancels a workshop or series, a full refund will be issued.
- Only 1 missed class will be allowed to make-up in any other of Devotion’s regular classes up to 1 week after the series ends unless otherwise specified at time of registration
Itsy Bitsy Series
- Only 1 missed class is allowed per series which can be made up during the scheduled “Make-Up Week” which is held the week after the last week of the series
- Any classes missed beyond this 1, will be considered null/void and can not be refunded or transferred from one series to the next
Kids/ Mommy & Me Series
- We ask parents to help children maintain a good attendance
- There will only be one week of make-ups in which students can come if they have missed any classes
- Any classes missed beyond this, will be considered null/void and can not be refunded or transferred from one series to the next.
- Pre-payment is required at the time of booking a session(s), if made over the phone payment must be made with a credit card
- Cancellations more than 24 hours prior to a scheduled session will receive full credit towards another individual session or other yoga classes or workshops
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled session will be charged in full and will not be credited
General Preparation for Class
- It is not recommended to practice yoga on a full stomach, eat a couple hours before class time.
- Wear comfortable and loose exercise clothing that permits freedom of movement.
- Please observe basic hygiene when attending a yoga class.
- Refrain from wearing perfume, cologne or scented oils during class, as some people do have allergies.
- Bring your own yoga mat or be prepared to rent one at Devotion for $1.00. We also sell yoga mats in our boutique if you would like to purchase one.
Respect for Devotion’s Space and Community
- All students must sign-in at the Front Desk on the Lower Level 10-15 minutes before class begins, in which you will be given the room assignment for the class you are interested in taking.
- If you are waiting outside the yoga room please speak quietly while a class is in progress. Yes, they can hear you!
- Be on time. Please be seated in the yoga room a few minutes before the start of each class. Each class is organized with a beginning, middle and end, all of which contribute to your experience. If you come in late to class, you not only miss a part of this experience but you will disrupt the yoga experience for someone else as well.
- To limit disruptions during class, we ask that latecomers wait outside the yoga room door until the teacher has opened the door for all latecomers to enter together. Teachers will open the door once about 10 minutes after the class starts to let people in. After this no other students will be allowed in class. If you did not get into class please return to the front desk to cancel your class sign-in so you don’t get charged/ deducted for the class.
- Turn off cell phones and pagers when entering Devotion Yoga’s space.
- In order for us to preserve our floors, we ask that you take off shoes before entering the yoga room.
- Roll your mat out quietly and please move your mat if needed when making room for more students in a crowded class.
- Please be considerate of other students by keeping your voice down when a class is in session or when entering or leaving the yoga room.
- If you need to leave the yoga room, please do so in between postures. When returning please do the same.
- It is your responsibility to inform the instructor if you are pregnant or have any injuries before class.
- Please avoid leaving early. If you do need to leave early, please kindly let the teacher know before class and do so before savasana begins.
- Do not bring food or open containers in the yoga room. Please refrain from chewing gum during class.
- While taking a class or workshop, please store personal items on one of the storage shelves/spaces available. You are responsible for your personal belongings, Devotion Yoga is not responsible for any lost items.
- Practice propasana: please put all yoga props away neatly and fold blankets.
- If you tend to sweat, bring a towel to class.
- Please support Devotion Yoga’s intention of creating a non-competitive and peaceful environment.
- Consistent yoga practice is necessary to obtain maximum benefits. Remember to rest when necessary, to work at your individual level and to respect your body’s current physical state.